Playgroup Compatibility Evaluation
Doggie Daycare is such a unique environment that many dogs have yet to experience it. Because dogs are allowed to interact with others in the playgroups it is important to closely screen the dogs before they are allowed to play. It is also important that the staff build a relationship with each dog, ensuring that they make the best, most fun and safest groups possible. Therefore, before attending daycare or boarding all dogs must first go through our Playgroup Compatibility Evaluation (PCE).
Below are the requirements for all PCEs:
- All males dogs over 7 months must be neutered, no exceptions.
- Females dogs will not be allowed to stay if in heat or recently out of heat.
- Dogs may not be aggressive with either people or other dogs and may not be overly possessive of toys.
- Evaluations are done by appointment only Mondays - Thursdays.
- Evaluations cannot be given on the same day as an overnight.
- Reservations for daycare or overnight cannot be made until the Evaluation has been completed and passed.
- Rabies, DHPP and Bordetella must all be up-to-date. No handwritten records will be accepted.
- Puppies are only allowed if they have had at least 2 series of puppy shots and bordetella.
Playgroup Compatibility Evaluation:
- Call your veterinarian and check that your dog is up-to-date on Rabies, DHPP and Bordetella. You can have them fax us the records if convenient. Personal hand-written records are not accepted and records must be obtained before the Evaluation can be administered.
- You will need to complete the appropriate enrollment forms. To get the forms ahead of time, you can request them by email at Bark@Pawtropolis.com.
- Call Pawtropolis or email us to schedule your dog's evaluation. Evaluations are done Mondays - Thursdays.
- When you arrive at Pawtropolis for your dog's evaluation, you should plan to remain with your dog for at least 30 minutes. All dogs should be under your control on a leash. At this point we will review both your dog's vet records and enrollment application. Incomplete records will prevent your dog from being able to stay, so be sure to have all appropriate records upon arriving or call to check that we have received the records if faxed from your vet.
- While you are present we will conduct a Pre-Evaluation. This ensures us that your dog will be comfortable with us handling him after you are gone.
- At this point the owner can leave.
- We now take the new dog to the outside play area. We will assess his behavior and determine which group he will be more suited for. Once group decision is made we will begin to introduce dogs to the new dog one at a time. We are watching for any signs of overly dominant behavior or aggressiveness. If the new dog behaves appropriately, we will continue to bring out one dog at a time until the whole group has been introduced.
- New dogs need to stay at Pawtropolis for a minimum of four hours for their Evaluation. If they are doing well they may stay for the entire play day and not have to be picked-up until 7:30pm.
- When you pick your dog up we will provide you with an Evaluation Review Sheet indicating your dog's behavior throughout the day. The cost for the Evaluation is $25 and is paid at this time.
- Congratulations! At this point your dog will be an official Pawtropolis Citizen. As long as all vet records are kept current, you are now invited to call/email and schedule reservations whenever needed.
Ready to enroll your pet?
“Your staff is amazing. Their love for the dogs is clear, and appreciated very much. Kudos to you, the owner, and the entire staff for such a wonderful place! I have already sung your praises to my friends…and will do that even more so now." Winston's "Mom"
Benefits of Doggie Daycare:
Never heard of Doggie Daycare? The benefits of allowing your dog to attend doggie daycare are astounding. For young dogs it teaches them invaluable social skills that will help them learn how to properly meet and interact with a variety of other dogs. It also helps young puppies with their potty training because we keep them on a very routine potty schedule. See an extended explanation of dogs in packs and the benefits of doggie daycare.
Very hyper dogs are given a proper outlet for all of that energy. That way, you can simply relax and enjoy their company at home and not have a dog demanding attention and exercise. It’s as if we offer the “Pawtropolis Weight Loss Plan.” Not really, but we've noticed dogs needing to shed a few pounds can do so by playing in the playgroups all day.
Eastside:706-850-8744 Westside: 706-227-7887