Want to join our pack?
Pawtropolis employees work together to form a powerhouse team providing the absolute best in animal care for all the pets in our facility. We look for people who will uphold our Core Values (listed to the right) and that fit the following characteristics:
- Hardworking: All positions at Pawtropolis require a high level of physical activity. Below is a non-inclusive list of some of the tasks you'll be expected to do.
- Lift a 40lb dog into a tub raised 3’ off the floor.
- Carry a 40lb bag of dog food.
- Have the strength the walk a dog weighing up to 150lbs.
- Be able to stay on their feet for up to 7 hours.
- Sweeping, mopping and/or spraying down of approximately 4,500 square feet.
- Ability to deal with outside elements. Walking dogs in the rain and cold is sometimes necessary.
- Confidence With the Dogs: Dogs are pack animals and need the guidance of a confident leader. This comes easily to people that have confident personalities. We can train people how to properly handle dogs, but confidence with animals is something that cannot be trained.
- Organizational & Time Management Skills: Caring for animals requires the ability to multi-task. If you lack in organizational skills you may have difficultly with the job. You must be able to keep track of pets’ belongings and make sure all paperwork is completed and all tasks are done. For example, making sure all baths get done by their scheduled time.
- Dependability: Being a part of a small business, each employee plays a vital role. Pawtropolis employees are asked to be very dependable and self-sufficient, needing little guidance once training is complete. We have strict attendance requirements since every person is vital to ensuring proper care of the animals in our care.
- Team Player: Shifts are always run with a team offive or more people. Although some positions offer more independence than others, employees must be able to work well as a member of this team.
- Responsibility: There are many important tasks involved with the care of pets (giving medications, caring for special need dogs, etc). Each employee needs to possess a high sense of responsibility and take pride in his or her work.
- Exceptional Customer Service: Even when not working front of house, each employee understands the importance of good customer service and will strive to uphold Pawtropolis's highest customer service standards.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
We are seeking a full-time professional groomer for our Eastside location.
- Minimum of 2 years paid experience as professional groomer.
- Must work well as part of a team.
- Commitment to providing exceptional animal care and customer service.
- Demonstration of skills through a working interview.
- Must provide your own "specialty" tools (scissors, clippers, and dremmel). Pawtropolis provides everything else.
- At least 2 references.
- Portfolio (digital or hard copy) highlighting completed work.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starts at 45% commission plus 100% of tips.
- Subsidized health insurance.
- Matching IRA contributions.
- Subsidized continuing education opportunities.
- Benefit package offered to Caretaker & PAW Crew positions.
Apply only for the grooming position here: tinyurl.com/PtropGroomerApp
PAW Crew (Pawtropolis Auxiliary Workers)
Our PAW Crew staff help with all the "extras" that make Pawtropolis so special. This position is ideal for people who are very task oriented because PAW Crew is responsible for so many individual tasks. Interested applicants should be available at least 3 days a week (including some weekend hours). PAW Crew offers the least amount of hours, so it is a good fit for those that have to work around busy school schedules or other jobs.
- PAW Crew - Animal Care: Staff working this position are responsible for most of the one-on-one activities we provide and helping us keep everything clean and organized. Shift times are approximately 6:30am - 12pm and 2:30pm - 8:15pm (this position provides the flexibility to schedule around classes and other commitments).
Specific duties include:
- Grooming: Perform the majority of baths and toenail trims for dogs of all sizes.
- One-on-One Activities: Perform the majority of hikes, playtimes, splashtimes, and quality times. Spend A LOT of time playing with and cuddle dogs!
- Cleaning: Keep the animal care areas clean and sanitized, especially in Apartments & Luxury Suites. Keep up with laundry throughout the day to ensure pets' belongings are clean and that we always have fresh towels and bedding.
- PAW Crew - Customer Service: Staff working this position help us to provide the exceptional customer service that Pawtropolis is known for. Must be enthusiastic, outgoing, and comfortable speaking with clients. Shift times are 8:30am - 12:30pm and 4:30pm - 8:15pm. These shift times are not flexible. - NOT CURRENTLY HIRING FOR THIS POSITION.
Specific duties include:
- Customer Service: Greet clients with a friendly smile and take dogs to playgroups, Apartments, Suites, or Pet Salon upon arrival and return them to owners at the end of their visit.
- Animal Care: Perform the majority of tasks in Kitty City. Must be comfortable handling and working around cats.
- Cleaning: Responsible for keeping the client areas clean and organized, including the Doggie Spa and Pet Boutique. Work with other PAW Crew to keep laundry moving.
- Retail: Keep displays clean, stocked, and organized. Assist with the cleaning and organization of storage room.
Animal caretakers do the bulk of the work around Pawtropolis. They are responsible for everything from excelling in customer service to scooping up poop and managing playgroups. Animal Caretakers need to be able to work at least 4 shifts a week.
Specific duties include:
- Grooming: Perform baths and trim toenails for dogs of all sizes.
- Cleaning: Keep the animal care areas clean and sanitized and perform the daily detailing responsibilities.
- Playgroup Management: Learn how to manage animal behaviors and watch for “predictor signs” that could indicate a fight. You must have the confidence to discipline and handle dogs weighing up to 150lbs.
- Feeding, Watering, & Medicating: Ensure all dogs are provided fresh water, are fed their correct foods in the correct amounts, and medicated as instructed.
- Supervision: Understand the importance of never leaving dogs in playgroups unattended. We pride ourselves in providing constant supervision.
- Customer Service: Must be comfortable speaking with clients in person and on the phone. It's your responsibility to tell pet parents all about their dog's visit with us!
Pay and Benefits
- Fully trained full-time animal caretakers make $15/hour with additional raises available to earn. Upon the completion of training, pay is based on your level of knowledge, full-time or part-time status, and job position.
- Healthcare is available for all eligible employees. Pawtropolis covers 50% of the medical premium.
- Staff are eligible for paid vacations after 2-years of full-time employement.
- Pawtropolis offers a Simple IRA plan. We match up to 3% of your earnings.
- Many pet benefits are included, including some free and discounted services and retail.
- In-depth training in animal behavior is gained while working at Pawtropolis. These skills are valuable for those wanting to pursue a career in the animal field.
Want to work here? Follow these steps to apply:
- Make sure you are familiar with what we do. We recommend visiting and touring at least one location.
- Pick up an application at the time of your visit, email us for a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online by following the link below.
- Submit your application.
Since we receive a high number of applications we do not contact every applicant. If we believe you would be a good fit for our team after reviewing your application, we will email you with additional questions or to set up an interview time. Thanks so much for your interest in being part of our team!
Our Core Values
As we go about our daily activities here at Pawtropolis, whether we're bathing a dog or cleaning the floors, our Core Values are always at the heart of what we do. If we have a policy decision to make, we always make sure that what we decide fits into our Core Values. If it doesn't, we won't do it. Our Core Values are also listed in order of importance with the most important being number one. With this in mind even if a dog owner may get upset by us not allowing their dog into daycare with an overdue vaccine, we have to first rely on our Core Value #1; "We put the care of the dogs about ALL else," and wouldn't risk anyone's safety. Our Core Values will always be upheld.
1. We put the care of the animals above ALL else.
2. We create fun and happy experiences for our clients.
3. We lead by example by being responsible pet owners.
4. We value the lives of all dogs by rescuing abandoned, unwanted and neglected pets.
5. We build trust with our clients by having high personal integrity and honesty.
Eastside:706-850-8744 Westside: 706-227-7887