Want to work at Pawtropolis?
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
PAW Crew (Pawtropolis Auxiliary Workers)
Our PAW Crew staff help with all the "extras" we offer, that make Pawtropolis so special. PAW Crew do baths, toenail trims, hikes, playtimes, massages, bedtime stories, etc. PAW Crew need to be available at least 3-days a week. This position offers the least amount of hours and the most flexibility in scheduling, so it is a good fit for those that have to work around busy school schedules or other jobs.
Animal caretakers do the bulk of the work around Pawtropolis. They are responsible for everything from excelling in customer service to scooping up poop and managing playgroups. Animal Caretakers need to be able to work at least 4 shifts a week, have their own transportation, and have good personal and past work references. Below you'll find more information in regards to this position.
Physical Expectations for Both Positions
Employees need to be physically able to perform the following tasks:
- Lift a 40lb dog into a tub raised 3’ off the floor.
- Carry a 40lb bag of dog food.
- Have the strength the walk a dog weighing up to 150lbs.
- Be able to stay on their feet for up to 7 hours.
- Sweeping, mopping and/or spraying down of approximately 4,500 square feet.
- Ability to deal with outside elements. Walking dogs in the rain and cold is sometimes necessary.
Animal Caretaker Needed Attributes
In order for an employee to excel in the role of Animal Caretaker, they should possess at least the following characteristics:
- Hardworking: The job is very physical; caretakers must be able to handle the physical responsibilities.
- Confidence With the Dogs: Dogs are pack animals and need the guidance of a strong alpha leader. Animal Caretakers should have confident personalities. We can train how to handle the dogs, but confidence with them is something that cannot be trained.
- Organizational Skills: The job of an animal caretaker requires the ability to be able to multi-task. If you lack in organizational skills you may have difficultly with the job.
- Dependability: Being a part of a small business each employee plays a vital role. Pawtropolis employees are asked to be very dependable and self-sufficient, needing little guidance once training is complete.
- Eye for Detail: Supervising dogs is more than just being in the room. Caretakers need to learn animal behaviors and be able to watch for “predictor signs” that would indicate a fight.
- Team Player: Shifts are always run with a team of five or more people. Employees must be able to work well as a member of this team.
- Responsibility: There are many important tasks involved with the care of pets, giving medications, caring for special need dogs, etc. Each employee needs to possess a high sense of responsibility and take pride in his or her work.
Animal Caretakers are asked to perform some of the following tasks this list is non-inclusive:
- Grooming: Caretakers are expected to perform baths and trim toenails for dogs of all sizes.
- Cleaning: Caretakers are responsible for keeping the animal care areas clean and sanitized and performing the daily detailing responsibilities.
- Organization: Caretakers must be able to keep track of pets’ belongings and make sure all paperwork is completed and all tasks are done. For example, making sure all baths get done by their scheduled time.
- Playgroup Management: Mentioned above, Caretakers need to learn how to manage animal behaviors and be able to watch for “predictor signs” that could indicate a fight. You must have the confidence to discipline and handle dogs weighing up to 150lbs.
- Feeding and Watering: Animal Caretakers are responsible for making sure all dogs are provided fresh water and are fed their correct foods in the correct amounts.
- Supervision: Animal Caretakers understand the importance of never leaving dogs in playgroups unattended. We pride ourselves in providing constant supervision.
- Customer Service: Even when not working front of house, each employee understands the importance of good customer service and will strive to uphold Pawtropolis's highest customer service standards.
Pay and Benefits
- Training pay starts at minimum wage. Upon the completion of training, pay is based on your level of knowledge, full-time or part-time status and job position.
- Healthcare is available for all eligible employees. Pawtropolis covers 50% of the medical premium.
- Staff are eligible for paid vacations after 2-years of full-time employement.
- Pawtropolis offers a Simple IRA plan. We match up to 3% of your earnings.
- Many pet benefits are included, including some free and discounted services and retail.
- In-depth training in animal behavior is gained while working at Pawtropolis. These skills are invaluable for those wanting to pursue a career in the animal field.
Want to work here? Follow these steps to apply:
- Visit and tour at least one location.
- Pick up an application at the time of your visit or email us for a copy at email@example.com.
- Turn in both your completed application AND at least one reference letter from someone that can attest to your work ethic.
Since we receive a high number of applications we do not contact every applicant. If we believe you would be a good fit for our team after reviewing your application, we will email you with additional questions or to set up an interview time. Thanks so much for your interest in being part of our team!
Our Core Values
As we go about our daily activities here at Pawtropolis, whether we're bathing a dog or cleaning the floors, our Core Values are always at the heart of what we do. If we have a policy decision to make, we always make sure that what we decide fits into our Core Values. If it doesn't, we won't do it. Our Core Values are also listed in order of importance with the most important being number one. With this in mind even if a dog owner may get upset by us not allowing their dog into daycare with an overdue vaccine, we have to first rely on our Core Value #1; "We put the care of the dogs about ALL else," and wouldn't risk anyone's safety. Our Core Values will always be upheld.
1. We put the care of the animals above ALL else.
2. We create fun and happy experiences for our clients.
3. We lead by example by being responsible pet owners.
4. We value the lives of all dogs by rescuing abandoned, unwanted and neglected pets.
5. We build trust with our clients by having high personal integrity and honesty.
Eastside:706-850-8744 Westside: 706-227-7887